Mixed Vegetable Curry is an easy and simple dish made with a medley of fresh veggies and seasoned with simple spices. Mixed vegetable masala curry goes well with plain rice or hot chapathis.
Mixed vegetable masala gravy curry without coconut is a tasty vegetarian Kerala curry made with assorted vegetables.
Mixed Vegetable Curry Kerala Style:
How to make Kerala Mixed Vegetable Curry:
1. To prepare this easy vegetarian recipe, cut the vegetables into ½ inch square pieces.
2. Heat oil in a pan.
3. Toss in all the 5 spices mentioned (1-5) above. The mustard will splutter immediately. Stir the spices for about a minute on low flame.
4. Toss in crushed garlic, onion and tomato and sauté for about 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the turmeric powder, coriander and chilli powder to the mixture; cook it for about 1 minute.
6. Toss in the vegetables, add salt and mix well. Close the lid and cook on low flame for about 3-4 minutes.
7. Add about ½ cup of water and mix well. Cook until the vegetables are soft.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve Mixed Vegetable Masala Curry with chapathis.
Vegetable Sabzi Recipe details:
- Potato - 1
- Zucchini/bottle gourd - 1
- Cauliflower - 4-5 big florets
- Onion - 1
- Garlic - 2-3 pods, crushed
- Onion (finely chopped) - 1
- Tomato (finely chopped) -1
- Fenugreek seeds – ¼ tsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds - ¼ tsp
- Aniseed - ¼ tsp
- Onion seed (kalonji) - ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Chilli powder - ¾ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Wash and cut all the vegetables into ½" pieces.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add fenugreek, mustard, cumin, aniseed and onion seeds. Saute for a minute or two on a low flame.
- Tip in crushed garlic, chopped onion and tomato. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle turmeric, coriander and red chilli powder. Mix well and cook for a 1 minute.
- Add the cut vegetables and salt to taste. Combine well and cook covered on low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add ½ cup of water. Stir and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve Mixed Vegetable Masala Curry with Rice or Rotis.
Recipe contributed by Anjali Rajan