Kumror Chechki is a traditional pumpkin recipe. This Bengali food recipe is a sheer pumpkin delight that’s sure to blow you away. Aloo Kumro Chechki is a simple dry preparation made with sweet pumpkin and potatoes with a dash of spices. The sweet ‘n’ savoury Bengali pumpkin curry can be served as a side dish with Rice or Indian bread.
Pumpkin is an excellent source of beta-carotene, a powerful antioxidant that reduces the risk of cancer, heart disease and asthma. The potassium, fiber and Vitamin A and C content in pumpkin helps maintain blood pressure levels, improves eyesight and aids in weight loss.
Kumror Chechki Recipe Step By Step:
Pumpkin stir fry is a very easy and savoury dish. You’ll definitely enjoy the flavour of this simple stir fry pumpkin with potato recipe.
How to make Bengali Aloo Kumror Chechki:
To make this Bengali aloo kumror tarkari, wash, peel and cut the pumpkin and potatoes into thin slices (use a sharp knife or peeler to peel the pumpkin). Heat a wok or kadai and add 1 tsp oil. Add the nigella seeds and dry red chillies.
Once they start to splutter, add the potato juliennes and sauté for a few seconds. Sprinkle salt and turmeric and mix well. Add about 2 tbsp water, put a lid on and cook till the potatoes are almost tender.
Add the pumpkin slices and a pinch of sugar. Mix well, cover with a lid and cook till the vegetables are done. Mix in a teaspoon of mustard oil and remove the alu kumro tarkari.
Serve Bengali Kumror Chechki with Rice and Dal.
If you are looking for Bengali dishes with pumpkin, do try out Kumror Chokka.
Aloo Kumro Chechki Bengali Tarkari details below:
- Pumpkin – 1 ½ cups
- Potatoes – 3 medium
- Red chillies – 1
- Nigella eeeds – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Turmeric – ¼ tsp
- Water – 2 tbsp
- Mustard oil – 1 tsp
- Sugar (optional) – a pinch
- Mustard Oil – 1 tsp
- To make this Bengali veg recipe aloo kumror chechki, wash, peel and cut the kumro and potatoes lengthwise into thin slices.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a wok. Add the nigella seeds and dry red chillies. Once they start to pop, add the potato slices and sauté for a few seconds, till they are nicely coated with oil and kala jeera.
- Add salt and turmeric, mix well. Add 2 tbsp water and cook covered till the potatoes are ¾th done.
- Add the pumpkin slices and a pinch of sugar. Mix well, cover with a lid and cook till the veggies are soft and tender but not mushy.
- Drizzle some mustard oil on top to impart a great flavour.
- Remove and serve Aloo Kumror Chencki Bengali style with soft, fluffy Luchis.