Mourala Maach Bhaja made with Mola Carplet is a Bengali fish preparation that tastes just heavenly. Mourola maach is a tiny fish that is fried to golden brown. You can munch on the crispy fried small fish or have it with steamed rice and ghee.
Mola fry is a popular Bengali fried tiny fish dish, simple to prepare and tastes just awesome. A nice and easy choto macher recipe.
Mourala Maach Bengali Fish Recipe Step By Step:
Mourala maach bhaja is a delicious Bengali fish recipe where tiny fishes are fried in hot oil. You just devour the whole fried fish – even the bones turn crunchy.
How to make Bengali mourala maach bhaja:
To make Mourala Maach Bhaja, clean and wash the fish. Pat it dry.
Rub the mourola maach with salt, turmeric, red chili powder and roasted cumin powder. Set it aside for 10 minutes
Heat oil for deep-frying in a kadai.
Fry the mourola in small batches over medium heat, till they turn a crispy brown.
Remove with a slotted spoon onto a paper napkin. Sprinkle come chaat masala over the fried Mola fish.
Serve hot and crispy Mourala maach bhaja with steamed rice and desi ghee.
Mola Fish Fry Recipe details below:
- Mourala Maach – 1 cup
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Red chilli powder – ¼ tsp
- Roasted cumin powder – ⅛ tsp
- Chaat Masala – a pinch
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- For this seafood recipe, clean the fish and wash well under running water. Pat dry and sprinkle salt, turmeric, chilli powder and cumin powder.
- Rub the fish pieces well with the spices. Leave aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Deep-fry the fish in batches to a golden brown colour on medium heat. This fish is quite soft and one or two may break while flipping them over – just don’t worry.
- Remove the fried mourala maach onto a kitchen towel. Sprinkle some chaat masala over the fried fish.
- Serve crispy fried Mourala Maach Bengali style with rice, moong dal, slit green chilli and a lemon wedge.