Atta Halwa is a delicious sweet dish made with whole wheat flour, sugar, ghee and nuts in absolutely no time at all. Whole Wheat flour halwa recipe is a quick-fix solution to satiate your sweet cravings.
Atte ka halwa recipe is a simple and easy dish that can be prepared in a few minutes. Godhumai halwa made with atta flour, ghee and sugar has a lovely golden colour, a smooth texture and a delicious aroma! All the more reason to learn how to make Atta ka Sheera.
Punjabi Atta Halwa Recipe Step By Step:
Atte ka halwa recipe is a quick and easy halwa recipe very popular in Punjab. This traditional sweet dessert has a yummy melt-in-the-mouth feel.
How to make Atta Halwa:
1. To make this flavoursome and easy Atta Halwa Punjabi recipe, melt ghee in a pan. Drop in the cashews and raisins. Fry for 1-2 minutes till the cashews turn a light brown and the raisins plump up. Remove with a slotted spoon. Keep aside.
2. Add wheat flour and keep stirring for 8-10 minutes till the atta turns a warm brown and you get a wonderful aroma.
2. Once the wheat flour and ghee are nicely blended, add the sugar. Mix well.
3. Immediately add the hot water (be careful not to scald yourself!) and mix well. Keep stirring on low heat to ensure no lumps are formed.
4. Once all the water is absorbed, and the godhumai halwa starts to pull away from the sides of the kadai, remove from flame.
5. Mix in the cashew nuts and raisins. Transfer the atta ka sheera into a serving dish and garnish with almond slivers. Serve Punjabi Atta Halwa hot with luchis.
Wheat Halwa Recipe details below:
- Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Ghee – 1 cup
- Water – 4 cups
- Raisins – 15
- Almonds – 10 cut into slivers
- Cashew nuts – 10
Melt ghee in a deep pan. Fry the cashew and raisins. Remove and keep aside.
Slowly add the whole wheat flour to the hot ghee and sauté it on low heat for about 10 minutes till it turns a nice brown and a sweet aroma arises. You need to keep stirring the mixture to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
Meanwhile, heat water in another pan.
Add sugar to the wheat flour and stir for 1-2 minutes. Take care not to caramelize the sugar.
Gently pour in the hot water and keep stirring. Bring to a boil and then turn down the heat. Let the atte ka halwa simmer till all the water is absorbed.
Remove and transfer to a serving dish.
Garnish with nuts and serve Wheat Flour Atta Halwa hot with Puris.
* You can add ½ tsp of cardamom powder (Elaichi).