Baked corn kernels are really moist and creamy and super easy to rustle up. This cheesy corn bake is extra good because of all the delicious cheese and cream. It’s finger-licking good. This is my fave way to eat corn.
Baked Corn And Cheese Recipe Step By Step:
Baked corn and cheese is an all-time favorite and the cheese just amps up the flavor. Corn and gooey cheese – who wouldn’t love this hot, baked, comforting side dish? Creamed corn bake is simple, yummy and so easy to throw together!
How to make Creamy Baked Corn Dish:
To make Cheesy Baked Corn In White Sauce, preheat microwave oven to 230°C.
Steam and drain corn kernels. Keep aside.
Melt butter in a wide pan. Stir in flour and cook for a minute until well blended.
Take the pan off the heat and stir in milk. Put the pan back on the stove and add salt, pepper and mixed herbs seasoning. Stir constantly for 4- 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
Gradually stir in the cheese and cook till your white sauce is nice, thick and creamy. Remove and keep aside. ( You can add 3-4 cloves of crushed garlic and a pinch of mustard powder to the mixture).
Spread the steamed corn kernels in a baking dish. Pour half the white sauce over the corn.
Again spread another layer of corn and pour the remaining cheesy white sauce over it.
Top with remaining grated cheese. Sprinkle a dash of pepper and herbs seasoning.
Bake at 230 C for 20 – 25 minutes in a microwave oven.
Serve Cheesy Baked Corn In White Sauce along with garlic bread.
Sweet Corn Bake Recipe details below:
- Frozen corn – 2 cups, steamed and drained
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Flour – 2 tbsp
- Milk – 2 cups
- Salt – ½
- Pepper – ½ tsp
- Mixed herbs seasoning – ¼ tsp (optional)
- Processed cheese – ½ cup, grated
- For this easy baked corn recipe, steam and drain frozen corn.
- Melt butter in a pan. Add 2 tbsp flour and stir into a smooth paste. Take the pan off the stove and mix in two cups of milk.
- Put the pan back on the stove. Add grated cheese, salt, pepper and herbs seasoning and keep stirring until the mixture thickens. Your white sauce is ready. Keep aside.
- Layer a baking dish with corn and dribble half the white sauce on it.
- Again add another layer of corn and spread the remaining white sauce on it.
- Add cheese on top, a sprinkling of pepper and herbs seasoning and bake in a pre-heated microwave oven at 230 C for 25 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Remove and serve hot Cheese Corn Bake.