Baked Vegetables and herbs is a simple yet hearty vegetarian preparation. Oven baked mixed vegetables is a medley of veggies packed with nutrition and flavor.
Continental baked vegetable recipe is healthy and nutritious, flavoursome and infused with the goodness of olive oil.
Baked Vegetables Recipe:
Baked vegetables is an easy and filling vegetarian dish for diabetics made with fresh and tender vegetables.
How to make oven baked vegetables:
1. To prepare easy Mixed Vegetable Bake, chop the vegetable into 1″ pieces. Quarter the mushrooms, peel the shallots and add to the rest of the vegetables.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add all the vegetables and toss well.
3. Mix in crushed garlic, freshly crushed pepper, lemon juice, salt, rosemary and oregano.
4. Grease a baking tray and evenly spread out the vegetables.
5. Bake at 180 degree c for 15 minutes.
6. Remove the tray, turn over the vegetables and bake for a further 10 minutes.
7. Remove and season with olive oil and oregano powder.
8. Serve Oven Baked Mixed Vegetables with Garlic Bread and Soup.
Another variation of the dish is to stir-fry the vegetables. Heat 1 1/2 tsp oil in a pan.
Add crushed garlic and one finely chopped onions, fry for about 2 minutes or until the garlic turns slightly brown.
Add the vegetables and fry for about 4-5 minutes.
Add 1/4 tsp turmeric, pepper and salt, mix well and let it cook over low flame.
When done, remove from heat and season with fresh coriander leaves.
This can be served with Rotis or as an alternative for green salad.
Vegetable Medley Bake Recipe details:
- Carrot - 1
- Button mushrooms - 2-3
- Zucchini – 1
- Potato - 1 medium
- Capsicum - 1
- Baby corn - 5-6
- Beans- 6-8
- Long beans- 4-5
- Shallots - 5-6
- Broccoli - 3-4 average florets
- Garlic - 3-4 pods crushed
- Lemon juice - 2 teaspoons
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper crushed – 1 tsp.
- Rosemary dried – ¼ tsp
- Oregano powder- ¼ tsp
- Olive oil
Cut all vegetables to 1 inch thin pieces.
Peel the shallots and add them to the vegetables.
Cut the mushrooms in four and add them too.
Mix all the vegetables in a big vessel.
Add crushed garlic, lemon juice, salt, crushed pepper and all other spices (option 1, baking).
Line a baking tray with oil and spread out the vegetable mix evenly.
Bake for about 15 minutes on 180 degree c.
Remove the tray, toss the vegetables over and bake for 10 more minutes at 180 degrees.
Season with olive oil and a pinch of oregano powder.
Recipe contributed by Anjali Rajan