Paneer Stir Fry is a simple and delicious new way to enjoy a Chinese style paneer dish. Colourful and flavourful Paneer Stir Fry recipe is easy to prepare and guaranteed to please at your table! The vegetarian Indian paneer dish goes great with Fried Rice, Noodles or even with steamed rice and parathas.
Paneer or Indian cottage cheese is made by curdling hot milk with vinegar or lemon juice. Paneer is an excellent source of protein, especially for vegetarians. It’s also a good source of calcium required for healthy teeth and bones. Paneer contains linoleic acid which helps burn more fat – a great choice for those on a weight loss diet.
Paneer is a popular dish in India. Paneer and capsicum is a great combination served in classic Chinese style. Paneer stir fry tastes awesome when served with a steaming bowl of noodles or Chinese Fried Rice.
Paneer Stir Fry Chinese Recipe:
Stir Fry Paneer is a nice change from regular paneer dishes. It’s really a good way to add protein to your meal. The sauces add a great flavour to the cottage cheese. You can experiment with this homemade stir fry cottage cheese dish by adding more or less ingredients.
How to make Chinese paneer stir fry:
For Chinese Paneer and Vegetable Stir Fry, cut the paneer into cubes and keep immersed in warm water till it is required.
Wash, peel and cut the carrots into roundels. Pressure cook the carrot roundels for just 1 whistle, drain and keep aside. Cut the capsicum and onion into cubes, finely chop the cilantro.
With stir-fry recipes, it’s best to keep all your ingredients ready before you start cooking.
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Drain the paneer and add to the pan. Lightly sauté the paneer till it gets nice and brown on both sides. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep aside.
Add 1/2 tbsp oil to the same pan. Put in the cubed onions and sauté over medium heat till they turn a light brown. Add the carrot and capsicum slices. Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
Add the fried paneer and toss well.
Sprinkle salt and sugar. Toss well.
Add the sauces – tomato ketchup, soya sauce, vinegar and red chilli sauce.
Mix all the ingredients well. If required add a little water. Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro or chopped spring onion greens. Transfer into a serving dish.
Serve Paneer Stir Fry with Noodles or Fried Rice.
Chinese Stir Fry Paneer Recipe details below:
- Paneer – 200 gms
- Carrot – 1 small
- Capsicum – 1 medium, cubed
- Onion – 1 medium, cubed
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Tomato Ketchup – 2 tbsp
- Soya sauce – 1 tsp
- Vinegar – ½ tsp
- Red chilli sauce – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 1 ½ tbsp.
- Cilantro or Spring onion greens – 1 tbsp, chopped
- Cut the cottage cheese into cubes and soak in warm water to soften them.
- Peel and chop the carrot into round slices. Boil or pressure-cook the carrot till tender. Drain and set aside.
- Cube the onion and capsicum and chop the cilantro or spring onion greens.
- Heat a frying pan and pour a tablespoon of oil into it. Add the drained Indian cottage cheese and sauté till it turns a golden brown. Remove the fried paneer into a bowl and keep aside.
- Add a little more oil to the same pan. Toss in the onions and sauté for a couple of minutes over medium heat till they soften and turn slightly brown.
- Add the tender carrot roundels and capsicum cubes. Stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the fried paneer cubes and toss well
- Season with salt and sugar.
- Add chilli sauce, soya sauce, tomato ketchup and vinegar. Combine well.
- Add a little water if required. Simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Sprinkle cilantro or spring onion greens and toss well.
- Remove and serve Stir Fry Paneer with lightly tossed Noodles or Steamed Rice.