Mixed Vegetable Pulao Andhra style is a simple one-pot dish which takes minimal effort and is ready in next to no time.
Savory Vegetable Rice Pilaf just requires a chilled raita to go with it, although you can serve it with any Indian gravy side dish. Mixed vegetable pulao makes for a convenient and tasty lunch box idea too.
Mixed Vegetable Pulao Rice Recipe Step By Step:
Indian mixed vegetable pulao is the ideal lunch recipe when you’re hard pressed for time. Moreover, it’s the perfect way of ensuring you get to eat a lot of colourful and nutrient-rich veggies. The flavours and the delicious aroma of Sabzi Pulao is simply mouth-watering! It’s the best rice pilaf recipe ever!
How to make spicy mixed vegetable pulao:
To make restaurant style veg pulao in pressure cooker, soak rice for thirty minutes.
Meanwhile, finely slice onions and green chillies. Grate the carrot and beetroot. Chop green beans and potatoes.
Heat oil in a pressure cooker and temper with bay leaf, cinnamon, cardamoms and cloves. Toss in sliced onions and green chilli. Fry till the onions start to brown.
Add the vegetables and sauté on medium flame.
Add the rice for sabzi pulav and mix well.
Add turmeric and salt to taste. Combine everything well.
Pour in two cups of water and close the pressure cooker lid. Cook vegetable pulav rice for two whistles – one on high flame and one on low flame. Switch off.
Once the pressure releases, open and the lid and gently fluff the vegetable basmati rice.
Mix in a teaspoon of ghee and remove vegetable pilaf onto a serving dish.
Serve Mixed Vegetable Pulao Andhra style with Onion Raita.
Sabzi Pulao Recipe details below:
- Rice – 1 cup
- Carrot - 1 small, grated
- Beetroot – 1 small, grated
- Beans – ¼ cup, chopped
- Peas – ¼ cup
- Potato – 1 medium, cubed
- Green chilli – 1, slit
- Onion – 1 medium, sliced
- Bay leaf -1
- Cinnamon – ½ inch
- Cardamom – 2
- Cloves – 2
- Turmeric – ⅛ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- To make simple sabzi pulav, wash and soak the rice for 30 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Peel and grate the carrot and beetroot ( you can chop them too). Slice the onion, slit the green chilli, chop the beans and potato.
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker. Add the whole spices - bay leaf, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves. Sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the sliced onions and slit chilli. Sauté till the onions start to brown.
- Add the cubed potatoes and chopped beans. Sauté for half a minute.
- Add the grated carrots, beetroot and fresh peas. Stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir gently so the rice grain are nicely mixed with the rest of the ingredients.
- Sprinkle turmeric and salt to taste. Combine everything well.
- Add 2 cups water and mix. Put the lid on and cook till rice is done. Usually 1 high and 1 low will do.
- After the pressure releases, add a teaspoon of ghee and fluff the vegetable pulao rice with a fork.
- Serve Mix Veg Pulao Andhra style with onion raita.
* You can add veggies of your choice - mushrooms, capsicum, corn, cauliflower, tomatoes, etc