Carrot Raita Recipe Punjabi style with a sprinkling of roasted cumin powder refreshingly complements any spicy Indian dish.
Gajar ka raita is a simple and healthy yogurt based condiment combining freshly grated carrot, thick yoghurt, roasted cumin powder, ground pepper, black salt and green chillies for some extra spice.
Iron-rich and heart-friendly cumin seeds are very good for digestion and help treat anemia, insomnia and piles. Roasted cumin seeds have a wonderful flavour and aroma.
Low-calorie nutrient-rich carrots are an excellent source of Vitamin A and beta-carotene. Carrots render numerous health benefits including anti-aging, cancer prevention and improving vision.
The easy carrot recipe has a nice earthy flavour with the spices adding an extra kick. A plateful of crackers are the perfect thing for this carrot dip. They taste crazy good with this carrot side dish recipe.
Easy carrot yogurt dip requires no cooking at all and is an excellent side dish that pairs well with any flavoured rice or Indian flatbread. Simple Gajar Raita made with fresh thick curds, grated carrots and subtle spices, has amazing heat-balancing and flavour-enhancing properties.
Carrot Raita Recipe Step By Step:
To make healthy and nutritious Carrot ka raita, firstly wash, peel and grate the carrot. Finely chop coriander leaves and chillies.
Take fresh thick yogurt in a bowl and lightly whisk the curd.
Add black salt, roasted cumin powder and freshly ground black pepper. Mix well.
Add grated carrots, finely chopped coriander leaves and green chillies. Combine the carrot and yogurt well. Chill the raw carrot dip.
Carrot Yogurt Dip Recipe details:
- Curd – 100 gms
- Carrot – 1 small
- Coriander leaves – ½ tsp chopped
- Green chilli – 1 small, finely chopped
- Black salt – ¼ tsp
- Roasted cumin powder – ¼ tsp
- Pepper – ⅛ tsp
- For this simple carrot recipe, grate carrot; finely chop green chilli and coriander leaves.
- Take yogurt in a small mixing bowl; beat well till smooth and creamy.
- Sprinkle black salt, roasted cumin powder and black pepper. Mix well.
- Add the grated carrot, chillies and coriander leaves.
- Stir the carrot yogurt dip well.
- Serve chilled Grated Carrot Dip with Yogurt as a side dish with Biryani, Vindaloo or Stuffed Paratha.