Baby Potatoes Curry is a quick and easy potato recipe where boiled baby potatoes are simmered in a masala gravy. This is a good way to use small potatoes and they come out great! A great tasting potato dish that’s not difficult to make and taste yum.
Baby potatoes masala recipe made with deep-fried small potatoes tossed in a spicy gravy has loads of flavour and goes well with hot white rice or chapathis.
Potatoes contain many health benefits including their ability to reduce cholesterol levels, improve digestion, boost heart health, prevent cancer and reduce insomnia.
Baby Potatoes Curry Recipe Step By Step:
This yummy potato curry recipe makes use of baby potatoes and a few simple spices to rustle up a spicy potato curry. Spicy Indian Potato Masala Curry can be served with Rice or Indian Flatbread. t makes for a filling and satisfying meal.
How to make Spicy Masala Baby Potatoes Curry:
1. For this spicy Indian Aloo Masala Gravy Curry, wash and peel the baby potatoes. Pierce the small potatoes all over with a fork.
2. Finely chop the onions and crush the ginger-garlic.
3. Coarsely crush about ¼ the chopped onion. Mix the crushed ginger-garlic-onions together.
4. Heat about ½ tbsp oil in a pan and shallow fry the potatoes till they get a light brown colour on them. Remove and keep aside.
5. Heat the remaining oil and toss in the mustard seeds.
6. Add the chopped onions and the crushed ginger-garlic-onions and sauté on medium flame for 3-4 minutes.
7. Add turmeric, coriander powder, red chilli powder and salt. Mix well and cook for a minute.
8. Pour sufficient water, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
9. Add garam masala powder and combine well.
10. When the mixture comes to a boil, add the fried baby potatoes and cook covered for 10 minutes till the gravy thickens and the potatoes are done.
11. Sprinkle coriander leaves and remove masala aloo.
12. Serve Masala Baby Potatoes Curry with Chapathi or Paratha.
Potatoes In Masala Gravy Recipe details:
- Baby potatoes - 6
- Onions (finely chopped)- 2 big
- Crushed Ginger- ¼ cup
- Crushed garlic- ¼ cup
- Kashmiri chilly powder- 2 tablespoons
- Coriander powder- 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric- ¼tablespoon
- Garam masala- 1 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves- for garnishing
- Mustard seeds- 1 teaspoon
- Oil- for frying the baby potatoes
- Oil- 2 tablespoons for preparing the curry
- Salt to taste
- For this masala potato recipe, peel and wash the baby potatoes. Pierce the baby potatoes a couple of times with a fork. Shallow fry them until they turn golden brown. Keep aside.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Crush ¼ part of the onion and mix it with crushed ginger and garlic.
- Add chopped onions and all the crushed ingredients. Sauté for about 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
- Add ingredients 5, 6 and 7 and let the mixture cook for about 1 minute. Add salt according to your requirement.
- Add ½ glass of water to the mixture and let it cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add garam masala and water if required.
- When the mixture begins to boil, add the fried potatoes and cook for about 10 minutes on medium-low flame.
- Garnish potato gravy with coriander leaves.
- Serve Masala Baby Potatoes with Chapathi or Paratha.
Recipe contributed by Anjali Rajan