Cinnamon Rolls Homemade Recipe – delicious, buttery, eggless sweet rolls full of flavour and a lovely texture. Soft and fluffy eggless cinnamon rolls make for a simply yummy Sunday morning treat!
This yeast rolls recipe is simply super-duper. Well worth all the effort put in for cinnamon roll lovers. The cinnamon yeast rolls are so delicious that they’ll be gone in a flash.
Best Cinnamon Rolls Recipe:
Old fashioned sweet rolls served commonly for breakfast in North America/Northern Europe are topped with icing/glaze. I made a fresh batch of cinnamon sweet rolls yesterday and my family just devoured them all. The cinnamon swirls were moist and filled with sweet goodness.
How to make Old-Fashioned Cinnamon Rolls:
1. To make sweet cinnamon rolls, just add sugar, salt and soft butter to a bowl of warm milk and yeast.
2. Gradually add flour and beat thoroughly to form a soft dough. Leave to rise for 1 hour.
3. Roll out the dough and coat with a thin layer of butter.
4. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon uniformly.
5. Roll up the cinnamon-brown sugar sweet bread into a cylinder and cut into ¾ inch pieces. Place the sweet rolls in a greased baking tin and let rise for 30 minutes.
6. Bake No-egg Cinnamon Rolls in a pre-heated oven (190°C) for 25 minutes. Serve Easy Homemade Cinnamon Rolls warm with a drizzling of cottage cheese or plain icing.
Quick Cinnamon Roll Recipe details:
- All-purpose Flour – 2 ½ cups
- Milk – 1 cup
- Active Dry Yeast – 2 ¼ tsp
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Brown Sugar – ½ cup
- Ground Cinnamon – 1 tsp
- Butter – about ¼ cup
- To make homemade cinnamon rolls from scratch, in a mixing bowl, sprinkle yeast over a cup of warm milk and leave aside for 10 minutes.
- Mix well and gradually add softened butter, sugar and salt. Blend well.
- Add the flour and mix thoroughly for 5 minutes until the dough is just about firm.
- Cover with a damp towel and keep in a warm place to let rise for one hour.
- Meanwhile, combine brown sugar and powdered cinnamon in a bowl and keep aside.
- Turn over the yeast-leavened dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out into ¼ inch thick rectangle.
- Spread butter evenly with a knife.
- Sprinkle cinnamon-brown sugar mix uniformly over the entire rolled out dough.
- Roll up the dough into a log and cut into ¾ inch pieces.
- Arrange the cut cinnamon rolls in a greased pan, placing the cut side down.
- Cover with a damp cloth and leave to rise for about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 190C for 25 minutes.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- Serve Easy Homemade Cinnamon Rolls warm with your favourite icing.