Honey Chilli Eggs is a delicious Chinese egg recipe where fried eggs are simmered in a honey chilli sauce. So tasty and enjoyable. Crisp Fried Eggs In Honey Chilli Sauce is very simple to make and always a big hit with family and friends.
Batter-fried boiled eggs coated with a thick chilli-honey glaze is a match made in heaven. Serve stir fried eggs with Fried Rice or Noodles.
Honey Chilli Eggs Chinese Recipe:
Chinese Honey Chilli Eggs is a mouth-wateringly tasty egg recipe where crispy fried eggs are tossed in a delicious honey chilli flavoured sauce.
How to make Chinese Style Honey Chilli Eggs:
1. For Chinese Batter Coated Honey Fried Eggs, boil the eggs in a pan until cooked well. Remove and de-shell the eggs. Slice them into quarters, sprinkle a little corn flour over them and set aside.
2. Chop ginger, garlic, red chilli and spring onions.
3. Mix together corn flour, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add water and make a smooth batter.
4. Dip the quartered eggs into the batter and coat well.
5. Heat oil for deep-frying. Gently drop the egg slices in batches into the hot oil and fry to a golden brown.
6. Remove the batter fried eggs with a slotted spoon onto a paper napkin. Keep aside.
7. Remove the excess oil from the pan, keeping just 1 tbsp in it. Toss in chopped dry red chilles, ginger and garlic. Saute for 30 seconds.
8. Add the chopped spring onion whites and stir well. Add red chilli sauce, soya sauce, lemon juice, honey and salt. Combine well.
9. Add the batter coated fried egg slices and spring onion greens. Gently toss Crisp Fried Eggs In Honey Chilli Sauce.
10. Remove and serve Honey Chilli Eggs with Chowmein or Egg Fried Rice.
Fried Eggs in Chili Honey Glaze details:
- Garlic – 10 cloves, minced
- Ginger – 1 inch, minced
- Dry red chillies - 3, chopped
- Eggs – 4
- Spring Onions – 4
- Corn flour – 3 tbsp
- Pepper – ⅛th tsp
- Red Chilli Sauce – 2 tbsp
- Soya sauce – ½ tsp
- Lemon juice – ¼ tsp
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Salt taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp + for deep frying
- Hard boil the eggs. De-shell and quarter them. Dust some corn flour over the boiled eggs and set aside.
- Mince the ginger, garlic and finely chop the red chillies and spring onions.
- Heat oil for deep-frying.
- Mix corn flour, a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl. Gradually add water and make a slurry. Dip the egg slices in the corn flour batter and ensure they are well-coated.
- Slowly release the cornflour-coated boiled eggs into the hot oil. Fry to a golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon onto paper towels. Keep aside.
- For the honey chili sauce recipe, remove excess oil from the pan and retain just 1 tbsp oil. Season the oil with finely chopped dry red chillies, minced ginger and garlic. Sauté.
- Add the spring onion whites and stir fry for half a minute.
- Add red chilli sauce, soya sauce, lemon juice, honey and salt. Mix well.
- Add the fried eggs and gently toss. Sprinkle spring onion greens, stir and remove.
- Serve Chilli Honey Eggs with Chowmein or Egg Fried Rice.