Soya Bean Masala is a yummy and wholesome dish where soya beans are cooked in delectable mix of masalas. Soya Bean Cuury with coconut is a simple, healthy and perfect side dish to go with rice or chapathi.
Soya bean is an excellent source of protein. Soya beans are rich in calcium, vitamins and minerals. The high-fibre content of soybeans proves beneficial in case of constipation, type -2 diabetes and high cholesterol.
Soya Bean Masala Curry:
Soya Bean Gravy Curry is a nicely flavoured and nutritive dish. A delicious and protein packed dish, soybean curry goes well with Steamed Rice or Plain Parathas.
How to make Soya Bean Masala:
1. To make Soyabeans Masala, wash and soak soya beans overnight. Drain, wash and pressure cook the soybeans with a little turmeric and sufficient water till soft.
2. Chop onions, tomatoes, chillies and coriander leaves. Wash and pick curry leaves. Grind freshly grated coconut, fennel seeds and cashew nuts to a paste with a little water.
3. Heat oil in a kadai. Toss in cumin seeds. Saute. Add fresh curry leaves, green chilli and chopped onions. Sauté till the onions brown.
4. Tip in ginger-garlic paste and fry for a couple of minutes.
5. Add chopped tomatoes and cook covered till the tomatoes soften.
6. Sprinkle turmeric powder, salt, red chilli powder, sambar powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Add the cooked soya beans and combine well. Simmer for 1-2 minutes till the soya beans are nicely coated with the masalas.
8. Tip in the ground paste and cook for a minute or two.
9. Add water and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally till the soya tomato coconut gravy thickens. Garnish with coriander leaves and pour soya beans curry into a serving dish.
10. Serve Soya Beans Masala Curry with Rice or Chapathi.
Soya Bean Coconut Curry Recipe details:
- Soya Beans – 2 ½ cups
- Tomatoes – 2 medium
- Onions – 3 medium
- Green Chilli – 1
- Cumin Seeds – ¾ tsp
- Ginger-Garlic paste – ¾ tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder – ½ tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – ¼ tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – ¼ tsp
- Sambar Powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 ½ tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Water – ¾ cup
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Cashew nuts – 1 tbsp
- Grated Coconut – ¼ cup
- Fennel Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Wash and soak soya beans overnight. Rinse well and pressure cook soya beans with a pinch of turmeric till soft.
Finely chop onions, tomatoes and coriander leaves. Slit the green chilli.
Grind grated coconut, fennel seeds and cashew nuts to a smooth paste, adding a little water.
Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and once they crackle, add curry leaves, chopped onions and green chilli. Sauté for 3-4 minutes till onions brown.
Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for 1-2 minutes.
Add chopped tomatoes and cook covered on medium flame for 3-4 minutes till they turn soft.
Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, sambar powder, garam masala powder and salt. Mix well and simmer till oil oozes out.
Add cooked soya beans and combine well. Cook for a couple of minutes till the beans are well coated with the masalas.
Add the ground paste and stir for 1-2 minutes.
Add water and simmer on a medium flame for 5-6 minutes, till all the masalas are well blended and the dish is almost dry.
Garnish with coriander leaves and remove.
Serve Soya Bean Masala with steamed rice or Rotis.