Watermelon juice – this delicious summer drink recipe is totally refreshing. This super easy and delicious fresh watermelon slushie cleanse recipe is just perfect on hot summer days.
The green striped fruit with reddish flesh contains 91% water and 6% sugar. This sweet and delicious summertime fruit is incredibly healthy too! Watermelon is a good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin C.
Watermelon juice is totally refreshing and cool. Watermelon has high water content and is the perfect quenchie for a blistering summer. This crushed fruit refreshment is incredibly easy to make and healthy too.
Fresh Watermelon Juice Recipe Step By Step:
1. To make this healthy juice recipe, remove the rind of watermelon and cut the fruit into quarters. With a paring knife cut along the seed line and remove or scrape out seeds with a fork.
2. Slice the watermelon into 1” cubes.
3. In a blender combine the watermelon chunks, ice cubes (or crushed ice), salt, sugar and lemon juice.
4. Blend till you get the desired consistency. (For a thinner consistency, add ½ cup of chilled water).
5. You can strain the watermelon fruit juice, if you wish, to take out the pulp. Press with the back of a spoon to extract maximum juice. Pour into tall glasses over ice cubes.
6. Enjoy fresh, ice-cold homemade Watermelon Juice.
Watermelon Fresh Fruit Juice Recipe details:
- Watermelon – ¼ fruit (about 2 cups)
- Ice cubes – a few
- Salt (optional) – a pinch
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Wash and peel the watermelon.
- Remove the seeds and slice the fruit into 1" chunks.
- Put the watermelon cubes into a blender. Add ice cubes or crushed ice, a spoonful of sugar, a spoonful of lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- Put the blender lid on and power on the blender.
- Blend the contents to a smooth mixture.
- Strain and pour into tall glasses.
- Enjoy refreshingly cool and delicious homemade Watermelon Slushie.
* You can use honey instead of sugar.
* Throw in some fresh mint leaves into the blender to add flavour to the watermelon juice.
* Watermelon cubes can be frozen and then blended.