Avocado Guacamole is a classic Mexican dip that’s easy to make. Homemade Guacamole recipe makes for a refreshing dip during summer. Enjoy the simplicity of this delicious avocado recipe.
Avocado is an excellent source of vitamins and fibre. Avocado helps lower cholesterol, reduces the risk of diabetes, promotes healthy body weight and prevents cancer.
Avocado Guacamole Recipe:
Ripe avocados make for a classic and authentic Mexican Guacamole dip recipe. Cilantro and red pepper flakes give this classic Guacamole recipe a tasty kick!
1. To make this fresh salsa style dip, cut the avocado into two. Remove the seed and score the inside of the avocado with a sharp knife. Scoop out the avocado flesh with a spoon/knife into a mixing bowl.
2. Roughly mash the avocado pulp with a potato masher or a fork until you get a moderately creamy texture.
3. Add chopped onions, tomatoes, cilantro, cumin powder and red pepper flakes. Sprinkle salt and lime juice and combine well. The lime juice not just imparts a tangy flavour to the dip but also prevents the avocado from turning brown. Check for seasoning.
Guacamole Chip Dip Recipe details:
- Avocado – 1
- Tomato – ½, chopped finely
- Onion – ½, chopped finely
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp, chopped finely
- Crushed red pepper flakes – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – a pinch
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- Cut avocado into half. Remove the pit with a spoon or knife. Extract the avocado meat into a mixing bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add the minced tomato and onion, lemon juice, salt, chopped coriander leaves, crushed red pepper flakes and cumin powder. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Serve Avocado Guacamole Dip chilled with chips or cheesy Nachos.
* For a less spicy version, add some sour cream or a little cottage cheese to the Guacamole.
* You can add some minced garlic and a dash of vinegar to this homemade Guacamole.
* Save the avocado pit for any leftovers. Adding the pit to leftovers prevents the avocado from browning. You can also leave the seed in the serving dish and remove it just before serving.
Recipe contributed by M Komatineni