Egg mayonnaise sandwich filling is, I believe, the best sandwich filling of all time. Egg mayo sandwich is soft and creamy, with a subtle flavour and is substantially filling. Nothing comes close to a homemade, fresh egg salad sandwich.
Delicious, creamy, rich, egg mayonnaise filling with soft white bread is wonderfully easy to eat. The creaminess of mayonnaise, the subtle tang of yellow mustard, the crunch of raw onion and the delicately flavoured eggs are to die for!
Classic egg salad has hard-boiled eggs and mayonnaise as the base, with onion and herbs, a smidgen of yellow mustard, a little salt and freshly cracked pepper. Egg salad filling is the easiest thing to make and perfect for a family picnic or for a quick lunch or dinner.
When squidgy yolks mingle with the creaminess of mayonnaise and the tangy zip of yellow mustard, aah, pure bliss! You can keep the egg and mayonnaise sandwich filling plain and simple or give it a twist with some great additions.
A perfect egg mayo salad sandwich is incredibly easy to fix. When had with fresh white bread with the smooth, creamy filling oozing out, it’s just heavenly. In this easy egg recipe, mix mayonnaise while the yolks are still warm for a smooth texture and enhanced flavour.
Classic egg salad sandwich makes for a protein-packed substantial meal. This easy and simple egg salad recipe works great on a sandwich or as a yummy side dish or delicious snack.
Egg mayonnaise sandwich recipe step by step:
You can make the egg salad mixture in advance, but spread it on the bread just before serving, otherwise it get soggy.
For this easy egg mayo sandwich filler recipe, place eggs in a pan of water and bring to boil, simmering for about 10 minutes.
Drain the water and immerse eggs in cold water. Shell, rinse and halve the eggs.
Separate the egg yolks from egg whites. Mash the yolks.
Mix in a good dollop of mayonnaise followed by yellow mustard.
Add salt, pepper and herbs seasoning (if using).
Chop the egg whites and gently mix them with the egg salad mixture.
Slice up a small onion and add it to the egg mixture. Combine well.
With a sharp knife cut away the bread crusts. Lightly butter the slices. Divide the egg mayonnaise sandwich filling between four slices of bread and top with the remaining slices.
Cut into desired sandwich shapes – rectangles or triangles – and serve. Enjoy your classic egg mayonnaise sandwich!
Egg Mayonnaise Salad Recipe details below:
- Eggs – 4
- Mayonnaise – 3 tbsp
- Mustard paste – ½ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Pepper – ½ tsp
- Mixed herbs seasoning (optional) – ¼ tsp
- Onion – 1 small
- Bread – 8 small slices of white bread
- For this egg mayonnaise recipe for sandwiches, hard boil 4 eggs. Peel and wash the eggs to remove any tiny bits of shell.
- Cut the eggs in half and drop the egg yolks into the bowl. Mash the egg yolks until nice and smooth. Stir in the olive oil mayonnaise and yellow mustard.
- Add salt, freshly ground black pepper and herbs seasoning. Mix all the ingredients till the mixture comes together.
- Chop the egg whites and add to the egg yolk-mayo mixture.
- Toss in finely chopped onion. Mix lightly and check for additional seasonings.
- Serve egg salad with soft breads, crackers or on a bed of iceberg lettuce
* You can omit mayo and use Greek yogurt instead