Baked Vegetable Omelette is a quick and easy oven baked recipe. This wonderfully delicious and filling oven omelette is creamy and fluffy inside.
For this incredibly easy and fool-proof fluffy baked omelette with veggies, just whisk eggs and milk together, stir in chopped vegetables of your choice. Season with herbs, salt and freshly ground pepper and bake.
Baked Vegetable Omelette Recipe:
Baked omelette with vegetables bakes up perfectly – an easy and tasty way to enjoy an omelette stuffed with veggies. Filled with lots of vegetables and cheese, this oven omelette is a great way to start the day.
How to make baked vegetable omelette with cheese:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the baking dish.
Beat eggs and milk in a bowl. Add tomatoes, asparagus, spring onions, cilantro, spinach, bell peppers, basil, salt pepper, the ground paste and half the cheese.
Pour this mixture into a greased baking dish. Top with remaining cheese and bake for about 25 minutes until the egg mixture is set and the edges are lightly browned.
Let stand for about 5 minutes and then cut into wedges.
Serve Baked Vegetable Omelette with toast or a bowl of salad.
Oven Omelette Recipe details:
- Eggs - 6-8
- Milk - 2 tbsp
- Tomato – 1 medium, chopped
- Bell Peppers (red, green, yellow) - 1 cup, chopped
- Fresh Basil - 1 tbsp, chopped
- Green onion/ spring onions - 1 bunch, chop the white and green stalk or use onion
- Spinach - 1 cup, chopped
- Asparagus - ½ cup, chopped
- Cilantro – 1 tbsp
- Grated Parmesan cheese – 1-2 cups to add in egg and to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ginger – about ¼ tsp or less
- Green chilli – 1, chopped (add more spice level varies with chillies)
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Grease oven proof pan.
- In a bowl whisk eggs and milk. Stir in ground paste (if using), chopped tomatoes, spring onions, asparagus, bell peppers, cilantro, spinach, basil and half the cheese. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into greased pan. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and bake for 23-25 min or until the edges are lightly browned (test with tooth pick).
- Cool for 5 min and cut into wedges.
- Serve Baked Vegetable Omelette with Whole Wheat Rolls and Salad.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, cheese, milk, ground paste, salt and pepper. Keep aside.
- Heat pan and add a tablespoon of oil/butter to pan and melt. Add onions and fry till translucent, not brown in colour. Add vegetables of your choice, salt and pepper and cook till the veggies become tender.
- Add the egg mixture evenly. Cook in medium low flame. Once the edges leave the sides or when the egg mixture is not very loose then place it in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the edges turn light brown. You can add grated cheese on top immediately after you remove from oven. Cool completely before serving.
* You can use any vegetables of your choice – broccoli, mashed potatoes, mushroom, cauliflower, eggplant, tofu, etc
* You can use chopped meat of your choice – chicken, ham, steak, bacon, sausage, etc
* 6 eggs would go on a 10 inch pan. If the vegetables are more, then use a 12 inch pan.
Recipe contributed by M Komatineni