Banana Bread is a moist and delicious loaf bread with a fabulous flavour. This easy banana flavour infused bread made with ripe bananas, flour, eggs, butter, spices and choco-chips is a pure and simple classic. It’s everything I would ever want in this scrumptious quick bread.
For the best banana bread use ripe/overripe bananas; they are the key to a sweet, moist and flavourful bread! Enjoy banana flavoured bread with cream or have it lightly toasted with a dab of butter.
Banana Bread Recipe:
This easy banana bread recipe has the perfect texture and flavour. It’s so good and super easy to make. The warm aroma wafting from the chocolate chip banana loaf bread baking in the oven is just heavenly.
If you use over-ripe bananas, your banana loaf bread turns out moist and super sweet! You can add nuts too for an extra crunch!
How to make homemade banana bread:
To make banana-flavoured bread, preheat the oven to 175C (350F). Grease a 8 ½ inch x 4 ½ inch loaf pan and lightly dust with flour.
Sift together flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside.
Peel the bananas, place them in a bowl and mash them using a fork.
Lightly beat 2 eggs and add to the mashed bananas along with melted butter, brown sugar and vanilla essence.
Blend well with a spatula.
Add the flour mixture a little at a time and stir gently till all the ingredients are well incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
Don’t overmix. You just need to ensure the wet and dry ingredients blend to a smooth batter.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Pour the banana bread batter into the buttered baking pan. Gently shake the tin so that the mixture gets evenly distributed. Smooth the top of the bread batter with a spatula.
Bake at 175C for 60-75 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. (The baking time varies depending on the moisture of the bananas).
Check the bread loaf after half-an-hour of baking. If the top starts to brown, cover with an aluminium foil and bake till done. While the bread takes about an hour to bake, you can check for doneness 10 minutes earlier.
Remove from the oven and allow the bread to cool in the tin for 10 minutes. Loosen the loaf by running a butter knife along the edges, tap to release and turn out onto a plate. Allow to cool down completely before slicing.
Serve warm, freshly-baked slices of Banana Bread with cream.
Banana Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe details below:
- All-purpose Flour (Maida) – 1½ cups
- Salt – ⅛ tsp
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Ripe Bananas – 3
- Eggs – 2
- Brown sugar – ½ cup
- Choco Chips – ⅓ cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Melted (unsalted) butter – ½ cup
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Grease a 8 ½ inch x 4 ½ inch loaf pan, lightly dust it with flour and keep aside.
- Sieve flour, salt and baking soda into a bowl. Keep aside.
- Mash the bananas well in a bowl and keep aside.
- In another bowl, lightly whisk the eggs and to the mashed bananas and blend well. Add brown sugar, melted butter and vanilla essence and whisk well.
- Add the dry ingredients slowly to the wet mixture; using a spatula, mix well till all the ingredients are just about combined. Don’t overdo the stirring. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into the greased loaf tin and bake in preheated oven for 60-75 minutes at 175C or until a tester inserted into centre of the bread comes out clean. However, check for doneness after 50 minutes of baking.
- Let the bread cool in the tin for 10 minutes, and then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Cut the loaf into slices and serve Banana Bread slices with cream.
Sprinkle some cinnamon and sugar on top of the batter before baking.
Tightly cling wrap the bread and keep at room temperature for 2-3 days or store in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.