Chicken Malai Kebab is a yummy, mildly-flavoured, melt-in-your-mouth kebab recipe. Murgh Malai Kabab, a juicy and fragrant chicken recipe , can be teamed with Naan and a salad for a delicious meal!
Chicken malai kebab is a different and absolutely delicious way to have chicken. Flavourful and juicy kebabs served on a bed of biryani rice is just out of the world! This chicken malai kebab recipe is definitely a keeper.
Chicken Malai Kebab Recipe Step By Step:
Murg Malai Kababs are succulent and delectable pieces of chicken marinated in cream, cheese and spices and cooked to perfection. Chicken Malai Kebab goes well with flatbread or serve it on a bed of buttery rice.
How to make chicken malai kebab:
Creamy chicken kebabs recipe is a two-step process.
1. For the first marination, clean and cut the chicken into small cubes. Pat dry the chicken pieces so that the marinade coats it well without falling off.
2. Place the boneless chicken pieces in a dish and add some salt, nutmeg powder, ginger-garlic paste, freshly ground pepper powder and lemon juice. Mix everything together with your hand and allow it to rest for 20 minutes.
3. In another bowl, take grated processed cheese and mash it well to a smooth paste. Add cornflour, a pinch of cardamom powder and mix well.
4. Add the marinated chicken cubes along with the marinade to this mixture and combine well. Add a cup of fresh cream and gently mix everything together. Don’t use pressure otherwise the cream will separate. Put it in the refrigerator for half an hour.
5. Meanwhile, soak the wooden skewers in warm water. Thread the marinated chicken cube through the skewers and dab them with the marinade.
6. Heat about 2 tbsp oil in a non-stick frying pan. Place the skewers on the pan and cook the chicken malai kebabs for about 30 minutes on medium heat. Keep turning them over in-between and basting them with oil/butter till the chicken kababs are uniformly browned.
7. Remove and serve Chicken Malai Kebab Mughlai with Naan and salad. Green coriander chutney, onion rings and lemon wedges take this Chicken Kabab recipe to another level.
Malai Chicken Kabab Recipe Indian details below:
- Boneless Chicken – 450 gms
- Salt to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Nutmeg – ½ tsp, ground
- White Pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste – ½ tbsp
- Processed cheese – 1 cup
- Cornflour – ½ tbsp
- Green cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Fresh Cream -1 cup
- Oil – 2 tbsp for cooking
- For this malai chicken recipe, clean and wash the chicken thoroughly. Cut into 1 inch cubes. Add salt to taste, juice of 1 lemon, nutmeg powder, white pepper powder and ginger-garlic paste. Mix thoroughly so that the chicken is well coated. Cover the dish and leave aside for 20 minutes. (If you refrigerate, remove and bring it to room temperature before the 2nd marination).
- Meanwhile, mash the grated cheese in a bowl. Make sure there are no lumps. Add cornflour and cardamom powder and blend to a smooth mixture.
- Next, add the marinated chicken pieces to this mixture and combine well. Add a cup of fresh cream and gently mix everything together. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile soak the bamboo skewers in warm water to prevent them from burning while cooking.
- Thread about 3-4 chicken pieces on each skewer lengthwise so most of the chicken is exposed to the heat. Coat the pieces generously with the marinade.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and drizzle some oil. Place the skewers on the pan and grill for about 30 minutes, turning the skewers over in-between and basting the pieces with butter/oil.
- Once the chicken cubes are evenly browned, remove the chicken kebabs from the skewers onto a serving plate.
- Sprinkle some lemon juice on top and serve piping hot Chicken Malai Kebab with onion slices and mint-coriander chutney.
* You can also cook the kebabs in a pre-heated oven at 180C. Place an aluminium foil on the wire rack and lay the skewers on it. Place the wire rack on the topmost shelf of your oven. Cook for about 10 minutes. Remove, turn the skewers, put back into the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes.