Fish Amritsari is an easy Indian fish recipe where succulent fish slices are dipped in a spicy batter and fried to a golden brown. A popular street food which derives its name from the city of origin, Amritsari Fish Tikka is an easy fish dish which can be served as an appetizer or a side dish.
This popular Amritsari fish fry recipe is nice and crisp on the outside and deliciously juicy inside. These golden brown and crunchy fish pakoras are full of the flavours of Punjab.
Fish Amritsari Easy Punjabi Recipe:
Amritsari fish pakora is a delectable batter-fried Punjabi fish recipe, perfect as a starter. The crispy, golden fried fish is full of North Indian flavours and it’s served with onion rings and lemon wedges.
How to make Fish Amritsari Fry:
1. To make this delicious Amritsari fried fish preparation, wash the boneless fish slices and cut into 1 ½ inch pieces. Take the fish pieces in a bowl and add salt, red chilli powder, ginger-garlic paste and lemon juice. Mix all the ingredients together and let the marinated fish rest for half-an-hour.
2. After 30 minutes, add vinegar, gram flour, rice flour, egg, curd and ajwain to the marinated fish pieces. Mix well, ensuring that all the fish pieces are evenly coated with the marinade. Refrigerate fisk tikkas for about half-an-hour.
3. Heat oil in a kadai. Drop the marinated fish pieces, a few at a time into the hot oil. Fry the fish pieces till they turn a golden brown. Remove fried fish tikkas with a slotted spoon and place on paper towel.
4. Sprinkle some chaat masala on top. Serve authentic Fish Amritsari with Naan and Lassi.
Amritsari Fish Fry Recipe details below:
- Boneless Fish – 300gms
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Ginger-garlic – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Egg – 1
- Gram Flour Besan – 1/3rd cup
- Vinegar – 1/8th cup
- Carom Seeds Ajwain – ½ tsp
- Curd – ¼ cup
- Rice flour – 1tbsp
- Oil to deep fry
- Chaat masala optional - to sprinkle on top
To make Amritsari fish fry Punjabi food recipe, slice the boneless fish into 1 ½ inch pieces. Marinate fish pieces with chilli powder, salt, lemon juice and ginger-garlic paste for 30 minutes.
Coat the fish fillets with the ingredients listed under marinade. Combine well and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes remove the marinated fish and bring to room temperature.
Heat sufficient oil for deep frying in a pan. Put a few fish pieces in the hot oil and fry to a golden brown. Remove onto paper towels.
Sprinkle chaat masala and serve Amritsari Fish with tartar sauce and onion rings.