Apollo Fish Fry is a Hyderabadi specialty. In this Fish Apollo recipe, fish fillets are dipped in a batter, deep-fried and lightly tossed in a masala seasoning. This is a must-try battered fish recipe, easy to cook and delicious to eat!
Eating fish reduces your chances of suffering a heart attack and helps ease depression.
Hyderabadi Apollo fish fry is a tasty and juicy fish starter that’s always a hit at any party. Deep-fried fish fillets tossed in a spicy masala are an all-time favourite non-vegetarian dish.
Apollo Fish Fry Recipe Step By Step:
Hyderabadi Apollo Fish Recipe is a mouth-watering signature fish starter of most restaurants in Hyderabad. The coating is light and crispy and fish is tender and moist.
How to make Hyderabadi Apollo Fish Fry:
1. In this batter fried fish recipe, coat fish fillets with a spiced marinade and keep aside for 10 mins.
2. Drop batter coated fish fillets into hot oil in small batches.
3. Deep fry the fish pieces till cooked through. Drain and keep aside.
4. In another pan, add the seasoning and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add the spices, sauces and curd and mix well.
6. Add the batter fried fish pieces and toss gently.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve Hyderabad Apollo Fish Fry with tartar sauce.
Deep Fried Fish Recipe details:
- Fish Fillet– 250 gms
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Egg white - 1
- Turmeric – ¼ tsp
- Lemon Juice – ½ tsp
- Pepper Powder – ¼ tsp
- Corn Flour – 1 tbsp
- All Purpose Flour/Maida – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 -3 tbsp
- Grated Ginger – 1 tsp
- Grated Garlic – 1 tsp
- Green Chillies – 2 finely chopped
- Curry leaves - a handful
- Coriander leaves – a handful
- Curd – 2 tbsp beaten
- Lemon juice – ½ tsp
- Pepper – ¼ tsp
- Chilli Paste/Red Chilli Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Soya Sauce – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
For this spicy fish fry, wash fish fillets and cut into 1-2 inch pieces.
Take the fish fillets in a bowl. Add salt, lemon juice, egg white (a little), turmeric, ginger-garlic paste and pepper powder and mix well. Sprinkle corn flour and maida and combine well. Refrigerate for 10 mins
Heat oil in a pan and fry the batter-coated fish fillets a little at a time till golden brown. Drain and keep aside.
Heat oil in another pan. Add chopped garlic, chopped ginger, curry leaves, green chillies and sauté.
Add coriander powder, garam masala, pepper powder and salt. Combine well. Stir in red chilli sauce, soya sauce and curd. Sprinkle a few coriander leaves.
Add fried fish pieces and toss gently. Remove.
Drizzle a little lemon juice on top and garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve Hyderabad Apollo Fish Fry with Greek yogurt or tartar sauce. Enjoy yummy Apollo Fish and Chips!
* You can add chopped onions to the seasoning.