Mixed Dry Fruits Roll is full of the goodness of dried fruits and nuts. Homemade dry fruit burfi without sugar is a healthy snack, loaded with nutrition value. Moreover, sugar-free date roll is a quick and easy Diwali sweet recipe.
Mixed nuts chikki is easy to prepare and is absolutely sugar-free. Dates and dried figs contain natural sugars and this is what gives the dry fruit burfi its sweetness.
For people who wish to cut down on excess sugar, such as those with diabetes or people on a weight loss diet, this healthy mixed dry fruit chikki recipe is just ideal for them.
Mixed Dry Fruits Roll Step By Step:
What’s Diwali without dried fruit and nuts barfi?! A healthy and tasty sugar-free sweet dish recipe made with natural ingredients, is a delicious Diwali special treat. Dry fruit and nut chikkis without added sugar are a delight to savour.
How to make mixed dry fruits roll:
To make healthy and nutritious dry fruit and nut burfi, finely chop or coarsely grind the dates and figs. Keep aside.
Chop or coarsely grind pistachios and cashew nuts. Blanch almonds and chop into tiny pieces.
Heat ghee in a wide pan. Tip in the chopped or ground date-fig mixture and sauté for 1-2 minutes on low heat.
Mix in chopped nuts, poppy seeds and cardamom powder. Sauté till all the ingredients are mixed well. Turn off the stove and set aside the mixed dry fruits roll mixture to cool slightly.
With greased hands roll the mixed dry fruits and nuts mixture into a log.
Place the dry fruit and nut log on an aluminium foil or cling wrap and roll tightly. Seal the edges.
Refrigerate the date and dry fruit roll for about 30 minutes.
Remove and cut the date-nut log into roundels.
Satisfy your sweet tooth by munching on delicious Sugar-free Mixed Dry Fruits Roll.
Dry Fruit Burfi Without Sugar Recipe details below:
- Dates, seedless (Khajoor) – ¾ cup, chopped
- Cashewnuts (Kaju) – ¼ cup, chopped
- Almonds (Badam) – ¼ cup, chopped
- Pistas – ¼ cup, chopped
- Dried Figs (Anjeer) – ¼ cup chopped
- Poppy seeds – 1 tbsp
- Cardamom powder (Elaichi) – ½ tsp
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- To make this easy Indian anjeer dry fruit burfi recipe, chop the figs and dates into tiny pieces. If the dates have seeds, de-seed the dates and chop finely. You can also run the dates and figs in a mixer.
- Finely chop the cashewnuts and pistas. Blanch almonds (just soak almonds in a cup of hot water for about 10 minutes and remove the skin) and chop into tiny pieces. If you have a nut cutter, then your task is made all the more easier.
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan. Add the chopped dates and figs and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chopped nuts, green cardamom powder and poppy seeds. Mix everything together on low heat till all the ingredients are uniformly incorporated.
- Turn off the stove after 2-3 minutes and allow the mixed dry fruits roll mixture to cool slightly.
- Lightly grease your hands and roll the khajur dry fruit mixture into a cylindrical shape. Place the khajur wadi on a greased aluminium foil.
- Wrap the dry fruit burfi tightly in the foil and secure the edges. Refrigerate for thirty minutes.
- Remove the khajur dry fruit roll from the foil and cut into ½” slices with a sharp knife.
- Enjoy sugar-free Dry Fruit & Nut Roll or store in an air-tight container.
* You can mix in ½ tsp of nutmeg powder.