Homemade Milk Chocolate is pure chocolate goodness! Chocolate Butter Fudge is an easy chocolate recipe made with sugar, cocoa powder, milk powder, butter and vanilla. It’s the best cocoa fudge ever! It’s velvety smooth and melts in your mouth.
I am a very chocolatey person and there are times when I just crave chocolate. So I make myself some rich, creamy sinfully delicious homemade milk chocolate fudge in just a few minutes. Soft and fudgy deliciousness in every bite!
It’s quite simple to make chocolate at home. You just have to boil water and sugar together till a one string consistency, add butter, cocoa and milk powder and stir to a smooth chocolatey mixture, add chopped nuts and flavouring, pour into a pan to set. Cool, cut, and indulge!
You can experiment with different flavours like vanilla, almond, cinnamon or espresso. Stir in pecans, almonds, pistachios, cashewnuts or even crushed Oreos. Roll the chocolates in cocoa powder, coconut flakes, coloured sprinkles or finely chopped nuts!
Homemade chocolates are the perfect gifts in the festive season. Wrap the irresistible confections in coloured foil or arrange in beautiful gift boxes to give away to family and friends.
Homemade Milk Chocolate Recipe:
Chocolate fudge holds a special place in the heart of most chocoholics. The tempting little sweets literally explode with intensely chocolatey flavour. This easy choco fudge recipe using cocoa powder is just brilliant, works out great and tastes amazing! You can easily adapt this easy sweet recipe to suit your taste.
How to make homemade milk chocolate with milk powder:
To make homemade milk chocolate, measure out all the ingredients and keep them on hand. You need to work fast.
Heat about ¾ tbsp. oil in a pan. Fry cashews till golden brown. Remove onto a plate and set aside to cool. Chop the cashews into small pieces. Set aside.
Grease a pan with butter and keep aside.
Combine sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
Once the sugar dissolves completely, stir over low heat.
Allow the syrup to simmer till the sugar syrup begins to thicken and reaches one string consistency. This is very crucial stage for making perfect homemade chocolate.
If you take a drop of syrup between you thumb and forefinger and try to stretch it, a thin string forms – if it doesn’t, you have to simmer the sugar syrup for some more time.
Stir in the butter. Mix well till the butter melts and blends with the sugar syrup. Turn off the gas.
Drizzle 1-2 drops of vanilla essence.
Mix in cocoa powder and stir vigorously.
Add the milk powder and cashews and stir like crazy till all the ingredients are nicely incorporated and you get a thick smooth mixture.
Pour the chocolate concoction into the greased pan. It sets pretty quickly and you have to spread it fast.
Smooth the top of the choco fudge with the back of a greased spoon. Allow the chocolate mixture to cool slightly (10-15 minutes) at room temperature and then place the Homemade Milk Chocolate in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
Remove and cut into pieces. This is a soft but firm choco fudge and will hold its shape when you cut it.
Enjoy delicious Homemade Milk Chocolate Squares! Store the fudge in an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator.
Chocolate Fudge Recipe details below:
- Milk Powder – 1 ½ cups (200gms)
- Granulated sugar – 1 cup
- Cocoa powder – ¼ cup
- Butter – ¼ cup
- Vanilla essence – 1-2 drops
- Broken cashewnuts – 2 tbsp
- Water - ½ cup
- Oil – ¾ tbsp
- Measure and keep all the required ingredients at hand.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and toss in the cashewnuts. Fry till golden brown. Remove and cool. Chop into small pieces. Keep aside.
- Grease a tray and keep aside.
- Boil sugar and water over medium heat till the sugar completely dissolves and the syrup reaches a one-string consistency. (Take a drop of the sugar syrup and check it between your thumb and fore-finger).
- Stir in butter (room temperature) and mix till it melts down. Turn off the gas.
- Add a couple of drops of vanilla essence.
- Fold in the cocoa and mix well.
- Add the milk powder and chopped cashews and blend all the ingredients vigorously to a smooth, thick consistency.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the greased tray (or chocolate moulds). Smoothen with the back of a flat, greased spoon.
- Let it cool to down for about 10—15 minutes at room temperature. Put the chocolate fudge in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove and cut into pieces with a sharp, buttered knife (or use a cookie cutter to cut the chocolate into different shapes).
- Enjoy Homemade Chocolate Butter Fudge!
You can use peanut butter, cocoa butter, honey, etc.