Chilli chicken gravy – succulent pieces of fried chicken seasoned with spices, a dash of sauces and cooked with a combination of crunchy veggies. Chinese Fried Chicken In Chilli Sauce is a deliciously spicy chicken recipe.
Chicken is high in protein, promotes bone health, boosts immunity and is heart-healthy.
Boneless chilli chicken Chinese recipe is a mouth-watering chicken preparation where crisp chicken cubes are sautéed with a mix of vegetables, spices and sauces.
Chilli Chicken Recipe:
This boneless chicken chili recipe is deliciously wow with lots of rich flavours coming through! You just can’t get enough of it! Chilli chicken gravy Chinese style is just perfect for a quick easy meal.
How to make Indo-Chinese chilli chicken:
1. To make this Indo-Chinese chilli chicken gravy recipe, first marinate boneless chicken cubes with cornflour, egg, salt and red chilli sauce. (You can also use chicken with bones for making Chilli Chicken Gravy Recipe, just marinate the chicken for a while longer ).
2. Deep fry marinated chicken pieces till golden brown.
3. Chop onions, ginger, garlic, green chilli and capsicum.
4. Heat oil. Add grated ginger and garlic, followed by cubed onions and green chillies. Saute.
5. Add capsicum cubes, stir. Add spices and sauces and mix well.
6. Lastly add the fried chicken cubes and toss in chilli sauce.
7. Aromatic and spicy Chinese Chilli Chicken Gravy is ready!
Boneless Chilli Chicken Gravy Recipe details:
- Ginger – 1 tsp grated
- Garlic – 1 tsp grated
- Onion – 1 medium cut into cubes
- Green Chillies -2 slit
- Capsicum – 1 medium cut into cubes
- Soya Sauce – ½ tbsp
- Vinegar – ½ tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Ajinomoto – a pinch
- Pepper – ¼ tsp
- Red chilli sauce – 1 tsp
- Water – ½ cup
- Oil - 1 tbsp + to deep fry
- Chicken - 250 gms boneless
- Cornflour - 2 tbsp
- Egg – 1
- Red Chilli Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
For this easy chili chicken recipe, wash and cut the chicken into cubes.
In a bowl mix the chicken, cornflour, egg, salt and red chilli sauce. Leave aside for 15 minutes.
Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the marinated chicken cubes in small batches, till golden brown. Drain excess oil and remove.
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and toss in grated ginger and garlic. Sauté.
Add slit green chillies and cubed onions and stir fry till the onions turn translucent.
Put in the capsicum cubes and sauté.
Add salt, a pinch of ajinomoto, pepper and mix well.
Add soya sauce, vinegar and red chilli sauce and combine well.
Add ½ cup water and bring the mixture to a boil.
Add the fried chicken pieces, toss the mixture well and simmer for a few minutes till the chicken absorbs all the flavours and a nice saucy consistency is attained.
Remove and serve Chilli Chicken Gravy with Egg Fried Rice or Noodles.
* If the gravy is too thin, add 1 tsp of cornflour dissolved in 2 tbsp of water and add to the dish. Simmer till the gravy thickens.
* You can use sesame oil in place of regular cooking oil.
* You can add some spring onions, celery and Kashmiri red chilli powder.
* For chilli chicken with bone recipe, marinate the chicken for a minimum of 2 hours.