Bengali Dimer Chop recipe is a delicious Indian snack where hard boiled eggs are enveloped in a potato masala coating and deep-fried to a crispy brown. This simple and delicious Kolkata Egg Chop recipe with mashed potatoes is easy to prepare and very filling.
Dimer Chop Bengali recipe turns out real nice and it’s well worth the effort. Crispy and really, really good! You just can’t get much more authentic than this traditional egg recipe from Kolkata.
Bengali Dimer Chop Recipe:
Egg chop is a popular Bengali recipe that involves enveloping boiled eggs with a spicy potato coating and frying them to golden brown. Potato Egg Chop Bengali style is a popular evening snack.
1. For this yummy egg recipe, boil the eggs and potatoes. Remove the egg shells and slice the eggs into half.
2. Peel the boiled potatoes and keep aside.
3. Chop half an onion and the coriander leaves. Grate the ginger and finely chop the green chilli.
4. Take a mixing bowl and transfer the potatoes into it. Mash them well. Add chopped onions, fresh coriander leaves, grated ginger, green chilli, pepper powder, chaat masala, chilli powder and salt.
5. Combine well to form a soft mixture. Divide the potato mixture into 4 equal portions.
6.. Take a portion of the mixture, gently flatten it on your palm and place half an egg in the centre. Cover the egg uniformly with the potato mixture and shape into cutlets.
7. Refrigerate the dimer cutlets for about 15 minutes.
8. Take corn flour in a bowl. Add salt and water and make a smooth batter. Keep aside. Take some bread crumbs on a plate.
9. Remove the egg cutlets from the refrigerator and bring to room temperature.
10. Dip the Bengali dimer chop in the corn flour batter, roll in bread crumbs and place on a plate.
11. Heat oil for deep frying in a wok. Slowly release the dim-er chops into the hot oil and fry to a golden brown.
12. Drain and remove the Anda Chop onto a paper towel.
13. Serve crispy Bengali Dimer Chop with some sweet and sour sauce and salad. Kolkata Egg Aloo Chop recipe is an easy and yummy snack served with a sprinkling of black salt.
Bengali Egg Chop Recipe details:
- Eggs - 2
- Potatoes – 4 small
- Coriander leaves, chopped – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Ginger – ¼ tsp, grated
- Chaat Masala – ¼ tsp
- Onion – ½ small
- Green chilli - 1
- White pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Chilli powder – ¼ tsp
- Corn flour – 2 tbsp
- Breadcrumbs – ½ cup
- Oil for deep frying
- For this egg cutlet recipe, hard boil the eggs and de-shell. Cut into halves and keep aside.
- Boil the potatoes and remove skin. Mash the potatoes well. Add chopped coriander leaves, chopped onions, green chilli, salt, ginger, pepper powder, chilli powder and chaat masala. Mix well.
- Divide the potato mixture into 4 portions.
- Take a portion of the potato mixture, flatten it and place half an egg in the centre. Cover the entire egg with the potato mixture. There should be no gaps. Do the same with the rest of the egg halves.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, take some corn flour in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and a little water and blend into a smooth paste.
- Tip some breadcrumbs onto a plate.
- Remove the prepared cutlets from the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature.
- Dip the cutlets in corn flour slurry, roll in breadcrumbs and place on a plate.
- Heat oil for deep frying in a kadai. Gently drop the cutlets into the oil and fry on medium heat to a golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place on paper towels.
- Serve Bengali Dimer Chop with tomato ketchup.