Bread Besan Toast is an easy bread snack recipe made by toasting bread slices coated with besan (chickpea gram flour) batter. A simple breakfast or tea-time snack, savoury Besan Bread Sanwich is usually served with Tomato Ketchup or Mint-coriander chutney.
In less than 15 minutes you can rustle up this yummy and healthy low-fat bread snack recipe. Kids will relish this delicious pan-fried bread besan toast!
Bread Besan Toast Easy Recipe:
Masala Bread Besan Toast made with gram flour and toasted on a tawa is handy to whip up when you’re running short of time. A simple toast recipe that anyone can make, Bread Besan Toast is very easy and very good! Serve the savoury tava-fried besan bread toast with green coriander chutney or tomato sauce.
How to make Bread Besan Toast:
1. To make Bread Toast with besan, in a mixing bowl add gram flour, carom seeds and all the spices. Using water, whisk into a lump-free batter. Add onions, chilli, coriander leaves and mix well.
2. Heat a greased non stick pan. Dip the bread slices in the batter. Both sides should be evenly coated.
3. Place the batter coated bread slices on the greased pan.
4. Toast both sides of the bread on medium heat till golden brown.
5. Remove and serve Spicy Bread Besan Toast hot with ketchup or green chutney.
Besan Masala Toast details:
Besan Bread Toast is bread slices dipped in spiced gram flour batter and toasted to a golden brown. This savoury besan bread sandwich recipe is a great option for kids’ lunch boxes. It is the best bread recipe ever!
- Whole wheat bread – 4 slices
- Gram Flour Besan – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 small chopped
- Green Chilli – 1 finely chopped
- Carom Seeds - ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Red Chilli powder – ¼ tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Cumin powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water – as required
- Oil – ½ tbsp
To make chickpea flour bread besan toast, take a bowl and mix together gram flour, carom seeds, salt, cumin powder, chilli powder and asafoetida.
Pour a little water at a time and blend into a smooth batter.
Stir in chopped onions, green chilli and coriander leaves.
Cut bread slices into a shape of your choice - triangle, rectangle etc.
Heat a non-stick pan. Smear with oil.
Dip each slice of bread in the gram flour batter and place on the heated pan.
Let the bread cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Turn over and allow the underside to cook.
When both sides turn golden brown, remove besan ke toast from pan onto a paper towel.
Serve Masala Besan Bread Toast with tomato ketchup and a mug of masala chai.
* You can use white bread, brown bread, multi-grain bread – basically any bread of your choice.
* You can add finely chopped/grated vegetables such as capsicum, carrot, cabbage, spring onions or even corn