Bread Besan Toast is an easy bread snack recipe made by toasting bread slices coated with besan (gram flour) batter. A simple breakfast or tea-time snack, savoury Besan Bread Sanwich is usually served with Tomato Ketchup or Mint-coriander chutney.
In less than 15 minutes you can rustle up this yummy and healthy low-fat bread snack recipe. Kids will relish this delicious pan fried bread!
Bread Besan Toast Easy Recipe:
1. To make Bread Toast with besan, in a mixing bowl add gram flour, carom seeds and all the spices. Using water, whisk into a lump-free batter. Add onions, chilli, coriander leaves and mix well.
2. Heat a greased non stick pan. Dip the bread slices in the batter. Both sides should be evenly coated.
3. Place the batter coated bread slices on the greased pan.
4. Toast both sides on medium heat till golden brown.
5. Remove and serve Bread Besan Toast hot with ketchup or green chutney.
Besan Masala Toast details:
- Whole wheat bread – 4 slices
- Gram Flour (Besan) – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 small, chopped
- Green Chilli – 1, finely chopped
- Carom Seeds - ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- Red Chilli powder – ¼ tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Cumin powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water – as required
- Oil – ½ tbsp
- To make this bread snack, take a bowl and mix together gram flour, carom seeds, salt, cumin powder, chilli powder and asafoetida.
- Pour a little water at a time and blend into a smooth batter.
- Stir in chopped onions, green chilli and coriander leaves.
- Cut bread slices into a shape of your choice - triangle, rectangle etc.
- Heat a non-stick pan. Smear with oil.
- Dip each slice of bread in the gram flour batter and place on the heated pan.
- Let the bread cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Turn over and allow the underside to cook.
- When both sides turn golden brown, remove besan ke toast from pan onto a paper towel.
- Serve Besan MasalaToast with tomato ketchup.
* You can add finely chopped/grated vegetables such as capsicum, carrot, cabbage, spring onions or even corn