Onion Raita is a cool and refreshing dahi raita recipe that is served as an accompaniment with Biryani, Pulao or Parathas too! A delicious and healthy dip recipe, serve Pyaaz ka Raita chilled with your favourite pulao or biryani!
This easy onion raita recipe is made with thick, fresh yogurt and onions and seasoned with simple spices. Biryani Pyaaz ka raita helps temper the spiciness of Indian curries and gravies.
Easy Biryani Raita is a traditional onion yogurt raita recipe made by mixing together raw onions, fresh yogurt and spices. This quick and easy Indian yogurt dip counter balances the spicy flavours of Indian dishes. Onion yogurt dip served chilled goes well with any Flavoured Rice or Parathas. Yum!
Onion Raita Recipe For Biryani Step By Step:
1. To make onion dahi raita, whisk thick, fresh yogurt until soft and smooth.
2. Add salt, cumin powder, amchur, red chilli powder and pepper powder. Mix well.
3. Add thinly sliced onions and finely chopped coriander.
4. Mix all the ingredients together.
5. Serve chilled Biryani Onion Raita.
Easy Onion Dip Recipe details below:
- Curd/Yogurt – 100gms
- Onion – 1 medium, sliced
- Coriander leaves – ½ tsp
- Roasted cumin powder – ¼ tsp
- Red chilli powder – ⅛ tsp
- Dry mango (amchur) powder – ⅛ tsp
- Salt – ⅛ tsp
- Pepper powder – ⅛ tsp
- To make North Indian onion raita recipe, peel and finely slice the onion. Chop the coriander.
- Beat the curd well until soft and smooth.
- Add all the dry spices. Mix well.
- Fold in the onions and chopped coriander. Mix.
- Serve Onion Raita with Pulao.